Trinity Equipment Co. has teamed up with Sherex Fastening Solutions to bring a new wedge locking washer product line. TEC Series wedge locking washers provide a high performance, high quality, cost-effective solution to the challenge of vibrational loosening.
How does it work?:
TEC Series washers secure joints using tension rather than friction, as with traditional locking fasteners. TEC washers consist of a pair of washers with cams on one side and radial teeth on the other. The cam sides are joined together with a mild adhesive, and installed between the bolt head and/or nut and the joint material.
During installation, the radial teeth cause one half of the washer to be seated to the bolt or nut, while the other half is seated to the joint material.
When exposed to load or vibration, the bolt or nut will attempt to loosen. Since the radial teeth are seated to the mating surfaces, any movement in the loosening direction is forced between the cam.
Features and Benefits:
- Maintains clamp load in high vibration and load applications, thereby protecting the security of the joint
- Heavy duty, self-locking design
- For use with bolts up to Class 12.9, Grade 8
- Available in SCM435 Alloy Steel, 316L Stainless Steel, and 254 SMO Stainless Steel
- Provided in preassembled glued pairs
- Easy to install and remove with standard tools
- No retightening needed after installation
- Reusable – will not distort threads on bolt
- Vibration proof according to MIL-STD-1312-7/NASM-1312-7
- Lubrication does not impair the locking function of the washer
- Can be used reliably for joints with short clamp length
- Secures joints with high and low preloads
- Agriculture & Construction Equipment
- Power Generation
- Gas & Oil
- General Machinery Manufacturing